- Abbas AE. Surgical Management of Lung Cancer: History, Evolution, and Modern Advances. Curr Oncol Rep. 2018;20(12):98. PMID: 30421260.
- Abboud CN, Lang N, Fung H, et al. Real-World Safety Experience of Tevagrastim/Ratiograstim/Biograstim and Tbo-Filgrastim, Short-Acting Recombinant Human Granulocyte Colony-Stimulating Factors. Support Care Cancer. 2018. PMID: 30443809.
- Ablain J, Xu M, Rothschild H, et al. Human Tumor Genomics and Zebrafish Modeling Identify SPRED1 Loss as a Driver of Mucosal Melanoma. Science. 2018;362(6418):1055-1060. PMID: 30385465.
- Anari F, O’Neill J, Choi W, et al. Neoadjuvant Dose-Dense Gemcitabine and Cisplatin in Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer: Results of a Phase 2 Trial. Eur Urol Oncol. 2018;1(1):54-60. PMID: 30420974. PMC6226048. NIHMS966051
- Andersen MR, Karlan BY, Drescher CW, et al. False-Positive Screening Events and Worry Influence Decisions About Surgery among High-Risk Women. Health Psychol. 2018. PMID: 30431292.
- Andres SF, Williams KN, Plesset JB, et al. IMP1 3′ UTR Shortening Enhances Metastatic Burden in Colorectal Cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2018. PMID: 30407516.
- Asghar AM, McIntosh AG, Kutikov A, Chen DY, Geynisman DM. Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy for Penile Cancer Enabling Organ Preservation: A Case of Individualized Management for Bilateral Lymph Node Metastasis and a Bulky Primary Tumor. Urol Case Rep. 2019;23:3-5. PMID: 30505684. PMC6260424.
- Banerjee PP, Pang L, Soldan SS, et al. KIR2DL4-HLAG Interaction at Human NK Cell-Oligodendrocyte Interfaces Regulates IFN-γ-Mediated Effects. Mol Immunol. 2018. PMID: 30482463.
- Beitler JJ, Ridge JA, Vermorken JB, et al. T4 Laryngeal Cancer with Good Function: Should We Be Reluctant to Treat without Surgery? International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics. 2018;102(5):1400-1403.
- Beri N, Patrick-Miller LJ, Egleston BL, et al. Preferences for in-Person Disclosure: Patients Declining Telephone Disclosure Characteristics and Outcomes in the Multicenter Communication of Genetic Test Results by Telephone Study. Clin Genet. 2018. PMID: 30417332.
- Bevelacqua JJ, Mortazavi SMJ. Comments on “Irradiation Effects of MeV Protons on Dry and Hydrated Brassica rapa Seeds”. Life Sci Space Res (Amst). 2018;19:51. PMID: 30482281.
- Bevers TB, Helvie M, Bonaccio E, et al. Breast Cancer Screening and Diagnosis, Version 3.2018, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2018;16(11):1362-1389. PMID: 30442736.
- Blackman E, Ashing K, Gibbs D, et al. The Cancer Prevention Project of Philadelphia: Preliminary Findings Examining Diversity among the African Diaspora. Ethn Health. 2018:1-17. PMID: 30453751.
- Bleicher RJ, Chang C, Wang CE, et al. Treatment Delays from Transfers of Care and Their Impact on Breast Cancer Quality Measures. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018. PMID: 30443881.
- Bruinooge SS, Pickard TA, Vogel W, et al. Understanding the Role of Advanced Practice Providers in Oncology in the United States. Jaapa. 2018;31(12):1-12. PMID: 30489397.
- Campbell KS, Cohen AD, Pazina T. Mechanisms of NK Cell Activation and Clinical Activity of the Therapeutic SLAMF7 Antibody, Elotuzumab in Multiple Myeloma. Front Immunol. 2018;9:2551. PMID: 30455698. PMC6230619. .
- Capo-Chichi CD, Cai KQ, Xu XX. Overexpression and Cytoplasmic Localization of caspase-6 Is Associated with Lamin a Degradation in Set of Ovarian Cancers. Biomark Res. 2018;6:30. PMID: 30450209. PMC6208109.
- Chang HW, Valieva ME, Safina A, et al. Mechanism of Fact Removal from Transcribed Genes by Anticancer Drugs Curaxins. Sci Adv. 2018;4(11):eaav2131. PMID: 30417101. PMC6221510.
- Chien CR, Geynisman DM, Kim B, Xu Y, Shih YT. Economic Burden of Renal Cell Carcinoma-Part I: An Updated Review. Pharmacoeconomics. 2018. PMID: 30467701.
- Churilla TM, Chowdhury IH, Handorf E, et al. Comparison of Local Control of Brain Metastases with Stereotactic Radiosurgery vs Surgical Resection: A Secondary Analysis of a Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Oncol. 2018. PMID: 30419088.
- Clark S, Ebersole B. Understanding the Role of Speech Language Pathologists in Managing Dysphagia. Nursing. 2018;48(12):42-46. PMID: 30461710.
- Collins ME, Abrahm JL. Communication Challenges at the Crossroads of Oncology and Palliative Care: Finding a Way Forward When Clinicians Differ on Prognosis. J Palliat Care. 2018:825859718814767. PMID: 30484363.
- Correa AF, Uzzo RG. Author Response. Urology. 2018.
- D’Avella C, Abbosh P, Pal SK, Geynisman DM. Mutations in Renal Cell Carcinoma. Urol Oncol. 2018. PMID: 30478013.
- Del Bene G, Calabro F, Giannarelli D, et al. Neoadjuvant vs. Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer (MIBC): Analysis from the RISC Database. Front Oncol. 2018;8:463. PMID: 30510914. PMC6252384.
- Drilon A, Fu S, Patel MR, et al. A Phase I/Ib Trial of the VEGFR-Sparing Multikinase RET Inhibitor RXDX-105. Cancer Discov. 2018. PMID: 30487236.
- Edwards DC, Cahn DB, Smaldone MC, Kutikov A. Use of Administrative Data for Comparative Effectiveness Research in the Treatment of Non-Prostate Genitourinary Malignancies. Urol Oncol. 2018;36(4):193-212. PMID: 28867432.
- Fatkhullina AR, Peshkova IO, Dzutsev A, et al. An Interleukin-23-Interleukin-22 Axis Regulates Intestinal Microbial Homeostasis to Protect from Diet-Induced Atherosclerosis. Immunity. 2018;49(5):943-957 e949. PMID: 30389414. PMC6257980. NIHMS1510832.
- Gasoyan H, Tajeu G, Halpern MT, Sarwer DB. Reasons for Underutilization of Bariatric Surgery: The Role of Insurance Benefit Design. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2018. PMID: 30425002.
- Gillison ML, Trotti AM, Harris J, et al. Radiotherapy Plus Cetuximab or Cisplatin in Human Papillomavirus-Positive Oropharyngeal Cancer (Nrg Oncology Rtog 1016): A Randomised, Multicentre, Non-Inferiority Trial. Lancet. 2018. PMID: 30449625.
- Hanada Y, Choi AY, Hwang JH, et al. Low Frequency of Lymph Node Metastases in Patients in the United States with Early-Stage Gastric Cancers That Fulfill Japanese Endoscopic Resection Criteria. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018. PMID: 30471457.
- Handra-Luca A, Wei S. Intrathyroid Cystic Thyroglossal Duct Remnant and Ectopic Thymus: A Fortuitous or Development-Related Association? Surg Today. 2018;48(8):815-818. PMID: 29460127.
- Holschneider CH, Petereit DG, Chu C, et al. Brachytherapy: A Critical Component of Primary Radiation Therapy for Cervical Cancer: For the Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO) and the American Brachytherapy Society (ABS). Gynecol Oncol. 2018.
- Hopper JL, Dite GS, MacInnis RJ, et al. Age-Specific Breast Cancer Risk by Body Mass Index and Familial Risk: Prospective Family Study Cohort (Prof-Sc). Breast Cancer Res. 2018;20(1):132. PMID: 30390716. PMC6215632.
- Horwitz EM, Ridge JA, Bruner DW, Movsas B, Pollack A, Fowble B. Gerald E. Hanks, Md, Fastro Obituary. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics. 2018;102(5):1393-1395.
- Hulse M, Caruso LB, Madzo J, Tan Y, Johnson S, Tempera I. Poly(ADP-Ribose) Polymerase 1 Is Necessary for Coactivating Hypoxia-Inducible Factor-1-Dependent Gene Expression by Epstein-Barr Virus Latent Membrane Protein 1. PLoS Pathog. 2018;14(11):e1007394. PMID: 30395643. PMC6237423.
- Ismail HM, Krishnamoorthy N, Al-Dewik N, et al. In Silico and in Vivo Models for Qatari-Specific Classical Homocystinuria as Basis for Development of Novel Therapies. Hum Mutat. 2018. PMID: 30408270.
- Karchugina S, Chernoff J. Detection of Heterodimerization of Protein Isoforms Using an in Situ Proximity Ligation Assay. J Vis Exp. 2018(140). PMID: 30394375. PMC6235567.
- Kijima T, Nakagawa H, Shimonosono M, et al. Three-Dimensional Organoids Reveal Therapy Resistance of Esophageal and Oropharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma Cells. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019;7(1):73-91. PMID: 30510992. PMC6260338.
- Klingler MJ, Babitz SK, Kutikov A, et al. Assessment of Volume Preservation Performed before or after Partial Nephrectomy Accurately Predicts Postoperative Renal Function: Results from a Prospective Multicenter Study. Urol Oncol. 2018. PMID: 30473205.
- Liu JC, Bhayani M, Kuchta K, Galloway T, Fundakowski C. Patterns of Distant Metastasis in Head and Neck Cancer at Presentation: Implications for Initial Evaluation. Oral Oncology. 2019;88:131-136.
- Malik R, Luong T, Cao X, et al. Rigidity Controls Human Desmoplastic Matrix Anisotropy to Enable Pancreatic Cancer Cell Spread Via Extracellular Signal-Regulated Kinase 2. Matrix Biol. 2018. PMID: 30412725.
- Manley C, Olszanski A. Melanoma in the Bronchus. N Engl J Med. 2018;379(20):e36. PMID: 30428282. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30428282.
- Masic S, Kutikov A. Robotic Inferior Vena Cava Thrombectomy: Are We Entering the House through an Attic Window? Eur Urol Focus. 2018. PMID: 30415922.
- Matulonis UA, Birrer MJ, O’Malley DM, et al. Evaluation of Prophylactic Corticosteroid Eye Drop Use in the Management of Corneal Abnormalities Induced by the Antibody-Drug Conjugate Mirvetuximab Soravtansine. Clin Cancer Res. 2018. PMID: 30413525.
- Mortazavi SMJ. Re: Presence of Multidrug Resistant Bacteria on Mobile Phones of Healthcare Workers Accelerates the Spread of Nosocomial Infections and Regarded as a Threat to Public Health in Bangladesh. J Microsc Ultrastruct. 2018;6(4):215-216. PMID: 30464896. PMC6206753.
- Pei J, Al-Saleem T, Uzzo RG, Dulaimi E, Testa JR, Wei S. Application of Chromosome Microarray Analysis for the Differential Diagnosis of Low-Grade Renal Cell Carcinoma with Clear Cell and Papillary Features. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2018. PMID: 30499818.
- Ragin C, Banydeen R, Zhang C, et al. Breast Cancer Research in the Caribbean: Analysis of Reports from 1975 to 2017. J Glob Oncol. 2018(4):1-21. PMID: 30481085.
- Roach M, Moughan J, Lawton CAF, et al. Sequence of Hormonal Therapy and Radiotherapy Field Size in Unfavourable, Localised Prostate Cancer (NRG/RTOG 9413): Long-Term Results of a Randomised, Phase 3 Trial. Lancet Oncol. 2018;19(11):1504-1515. PMID: 30316827.
- Rogers HL, Dumenci L, Epstein RM, Siminoff LA. Impact of Patient Gender and Race and Physician Communication on Colorectal Cancer Diagnostic Visits in Primary Care. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2018. PMID: 30489201.
- Shafi AA, Schiewer MJ, de Leeuw R, et al. Patient-Derived Models Reveal Impact of the Tumor Microenvironment on Therapeutic Response. Eur Urol Oncol. 2018;1(4):325-337. PMID: 30467556. PMC6241309. NIHMS972310.
- Streiff MB, Holmstrom B, Angelini D, et al. Nccn Guidelines Insights: Cancer-Associated Venous Thromboembolic Disease, Version 2.2018. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2018;16(11):1289-1303. PMID: 30442731.
- Terry MB, Daly MB, Phillips KA, et al. Risk-Reducing Oophorectomy and Breast Cancer Risk across the Spectrum of Familial Risk. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2018. PMID: 30496449.
- Tomalka AG, Resto-Garay I, Campbell KS, Popkin DL. In Vitro Evidence That Combination Therapy with CD16-Bearing NK-92 Cells and FDA-Approved Alefacept Can Selectively Target the Latent HIV Reservoir in CD4+ CD2HI Memory T Cells. Front Immunol. 2018;9:2552. PMID: 30455699. PMC6230627.
- Tripathi A, Plimack ER. Immunotherapy for Urothelial Carcinoma: Current Evidence and Future Directions. Curr Urol Rep. 2018;19(12):109. PMID: 30406502.
- Vrakas CN, Herman AB, Ray M, Kelemen SE, Scalia R, Autieri MV. Rna Stability Protein ILF3 Mediates Cytokine-Induced Angiogenesis. FASEB J. 2018:fj201801315R. PMID: 30383449.
- Zhang H, Pandey S, Travers M, et al. Targeting Cdk9 Reactivates Epigenetically Silenced Genes in Cancer. Cell. 2018;175(5):1244-1258 e1226. PMID: 30454645. PMC6247954. NIHMS1510720.
What is BrowZine?
BrowZine is a new application that allows you to read journals on your iPhone, iPad, Android tablet, or desktop. You can also save articles to a personal BrowZine library to read later. What’s more, you can sync your BrowZine account to your EndNote account and send references to your EndNote library.
What can I do with BrowZine?
- Read full text articles anywhere at any time.
Please note, you only have access to the full text of articles that appear in journals to which we subscribe.
- Browse journals by subject, review tables of contents, and download full text articles.
- Create a personal bookshelf of your favorite journals.
- Receive notifications when new articles are published.
- Save articles to read later, even if your device is not connected to the Internet.
- Export references to EndNote or similar tools like Mendeley, Zotero, and Papers.
How do I get started with BrowZine?
You can get started with BrowZine in five easy steps:
- From your iPad, iPhone, or Android tablet, go to your device’s app store (Apple App Store, Google Play, or Amazon) and search for BrowZine.
- Tap Install.
- Open BrowZine and tap to select Fox Chase Cancer Center from the list of libraries.
- Enter your Fox Chase username and password.
(These are the same username and password you use to log on to your work computer or access library resources when you’re off-campus).
- Start browsing.
To use BrowZine at on your work computer, go to http://browzine.com. BrowZine automatically detects your location using our IP address. If you are using your computer at home, when you go to BrowZine you will be asked to select Fox Chase Cancer Center and log on with your Fox Chase username and password. If you have any questions about using BrowZine please calls us at X2711 and we will be happy to help.
We have received word that users who try to access articles from Science through either their email table of contents alert or the table of contents RSS feed are being asked to provide a username and password. Our subscription to Science is current and you should not have to provide a username and password to access content. We contacted the publisher and were told this is a known issue resulting from a platform change; they are working on it but do not have a time frame for when this issue will be resolved.
There is, however, a workaround. If you access the article directly from Science (Journal Holdings ► Science), you will be able to get the PDF.
In honour of the 8th annual International Open Access Week, several publishers have released new open access titles that may be of interest. The following titles have been added to our collection and can be access from the Talbot Library Journal Holdings page.
- Molecular Case Studies (Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press): Molecular Case Studies is a new, open-access international journal in the field of precision medicine. Articles present genomic and molecular analyses of individuals or cohorts alongside clinical and phenotypic information. The aim is to share insights into disease development and treatment gained by application of genomics, metabolomics, and other data-driven approaches.
- Journal of Global Oncology (ASCO): Journal of Global Oncology is focused on cancer care, research and care delivery issues unique to countries and settings with limited healthcare resources. Article types include original reports, review articles, commentaries, correspondence/replies, special articles and editorials.
- Case Reports in Pancreatic Cancer (Mary Ann Liebert): Case Reports in Pancreatic Cancer is an open access journal that publishes case reports on all aspects of pancreatic cancer including diagnosis, management, treatment, and outcomes. The first issue is in progress.
- Journal of Endourology Case Reports (Mary Ann Liebert): Journal of Endourology Case Reports is an open access journal that publishes clinically interesting and educational case reports on the treatment and surgical management of urologic diseases.
- Transgender Health (Mary Ann Liebert): Transgender Health is the first peer-reviewed, open access journal dedicated to addressing the healthcare needs of transgender individuals throughout the lifespan and identifying gaps in knowledge as well as priority areas where policy development and research are needed to achieve healthcare equity. The first issue is in progress.
The following journal titles in our collection have recently been added to the NLM’s list of journal titles indexed by Medline. This is good news! Now these titles will be picked up in your Pubmed /Medline search retrievals:
Cancer Prevention Research – v1 n1 Jun 2008
Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy – v15 n1 Jan/Feb 2008
Psychology & Health – v23 n 1 Jan 2008
Journal of Cancer Survivorship – v1n1 Mar 2007
Cell Stem Cell – v1n1 July 2007
Current protocols in human genetics – March 2008
Current protocols in immunology – March 2008
Current protocols in neuroscience – March 2008
Current protocols in protein science – March 2008
Journal of Biomedicine & Biotechnology – v 2008
The Talbot Research Library is pleased to announce the addition of four electronic titles to the Library’s collection. These titles are: Clinical Genetics, Journal of Cancer Education, Genetic Testing, and Journal of Proteome Research. Access to these titles is available on the Journal Holdings list on the library’s website.
The aim of Clinical Genetics is to link research to the clinic in the understanding of the molecular basis of genetic disease. It is indexed in Medline (Pubmed) and Web of Science. The online subscription goes back to 1998 and print holdings go back to 1980.
The Journal of Cancer Education is the official journal of the American Association for Cancer Education (AACE) and the European Association for Cancer Education (EACE). It is indexed in medline (pubmed), psycInfo, and CINAHL and published quarterly. The subscription allows access back to 2003 and the library has print holdings from 1996-1999.
Genetic Testing is a resource for those who develop, perform, and interpret genetic tests and their results. The subscription allows access back to 1999, and it is indexed in Medline (Pubmed) and Web of Science.
The Journal of Proteome Research is a fairly new journal from ACS Publications (American Chemical Society) that encompasses all aspects of global protein analysis. It has an impressive impact factor of 5.675 and is indexed in Medline (Pubmed), Web of Science, and CAS database interfaces, including SCIFINDER. The electronic subscription includes the entire journal contents starting in 2002.