EndNote X9 for Mac and Windows is available for download from the Software Download Centre. We encourage all EndNote users to make backup copies of their libraries, uninstall X8, and install X9. We also encourage users to install regular updates to EndNote and Word as they are provided; this is especially true of Mac users. To have EndNote installed on your machine phone the IT Help Desk at x2800.
Over the next several weeks we will updating the EndNote LibGuide and posting about X9 here on our blog. In the meantime, here’s what’s new:
- Enhanced reference-sharing: The library owner can set read-write access rights for other library users.
- Manuscript matcher (EndNote and Word): Manuscript matcher uses citations in an existing paper or records in an existing library to suggest journals that might be interested in publishing your work.
- Four new reference types: Discussion Forum, Multimedia Application, Social Media, and Television Episode.
- Enhanced integration with Web of Science: EndNote X9 users can access Web of Science records or create a citation report from an EndNote library or group within a library
- Sharing custom groups: EndNote X9 users can share custom groups with other EndNote Online users from *EndNote desktop.
- View shared groups: EndNote X9 users can view a list of groups shared through EndNote online from EndNote desktop
*EndNote desktop is the version of EndNote installed on your local machine. EndNote online is the Web version of EndNote.
One-on-one EndNote training is available to Fox Chase employees. For more information about EndNote X9 or to schedule training please phone us at x2711 or email Talbot Library.