If you happened upon PubMed or any other NCBI database within the past couple of days, you may have noticed that they will be testing https on their web servers tomorrow between 8:00-9:00AM EDT. This may disrupt access to PubMed, Genome, Clinical Trials.gov, GenBank, OMIM, RefSeqGene, and other databases.
We have received word that some of our patrons are having trouble accessing The Cancer Letter. Please know that we have been working with our IT department, Serials Solutions (our online access manager), and the publisher for weeks (no exaggeration) to fix this issue, including investigating alternate routes of access such as passwords instead of IP recognition. In the meantime, if you are having trouble getting to The Cancer Letter, try accessing it directly through the Library Web site instead of the Web link provided by the publisher in the email.
- Go to the Talbot Library home page.
- In the Quick Links box, located on the Library home page, click Cancer Letter, or
Click Journal Holdings, type Cancer Letter in the text box provided, click Search, and then click Cancer Letter Publications.
- On The Cancer Letter home page click IP Log in.
Some things to keep in mind. If your computer is not on the Fox Chase network, you will be prompted to type in your FoxNet ID and password. As we hear of people who are being denied access because we suspect their IP is outside of the range, we ask the publisher to add the IP. Access to our subscription to The Cancer Letter is managed by Serials Solutions. They manage access to most all of our electronic journals. Any changes take a minimum of 24 hours to take effect.
Thank you for your patience and understanding and know that we are working to solve this problem.
1. Alcaraz KI, Sly J, Ashing K, et al. The ConNECT Framework: a model for advancing behavioral medicine science and practice to foster health equity. J Behav Med. 2016.
2. Araiza-Olivera D, Chernoff J. HRAs helps hippo heterodimerize to evade tumor suppression. Small GTPases. 2016:0.
3. Avkshtol V, Dong Y, Hayes SB, et al. A comparison of robotic arm versus gantry linear accelerator stereotactic body radiation therapy for prostate cancer. Res Rep Urol. 2016;8:145-158.
4. Beck TN, Georgopoulos R, Shagisultanova EI, et al. EGFR and RB1 as Dual Biomarkers in HPV-negative Head and Neck Cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016.
5. Beck TN, Golemis EA, Geynisman DM. Reply to Francesco Piva, Matteo Santoni, Marina Scarpelli, et al’s Letter to the Editor re: Daniel M. Geynisman. Anti-programmed Cell Death Protein 1 (PD-1) Antibody Nivolumab Leads to a Dramatic and Rapid Response in Papillary Renal Cell Carcinoma with Sarcomatoid and Rhabdoid Features. Eur Urol 2015;68:912-4. European Urology. 2016;70(3):E75-E76.
6. Bradbury AR, Patrick-Miller L, Schwartz LA, et al. Psychosocial Adjustment and Perceived Risk Among Adolescent Girls From Families With BRCA1/2 or Breast Cancer History. J Clin Oncol. 2016.
7. Burt BM, Yao X, Shrager J, et al. Determinants of complete resection of thymoma by minimally invasive and open thymectomy: analysis of an international registry. J Thorac Oncol. 2016.
8. Carlson RW, Scavone JL, Koh WJ, et al. NCCN Framework for Resource Stratification: A Framework for Providing and Improving Global Quality Oncology Care. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2016;14(8):961-969.
9. Chu J, Li JG, Giannopoulos PF, et al. Pharmacologic blockade of 12/15-lipoxygenase ameliorates memory deficits, Abeta and tau neuropathology in the triple-transgenic mice. Mol Psychiatry. 2015;20(11):1329-1338.
10. Coit DG, Thompson JA, Algazi A, et al. NCCN Guidelines Insights: Melanoma, Version 3.2016. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2016;14(8):945-958.
11. Darlow S, Wen KY. Development testing of mobile health interventions for cancer patient self-management: A review. Health Informatics Journal. 2016;22(3):633-650.
12. D’Souza JW, Hensley H, Doss M, et al. Cerenkov Luminescence Imaging as a Modality to Evaluate Antibody-based Positron Emission Tomography Radiotracers. J Nucl Med. 2016.
13. Fang M, Sigal LJ. Protective CD8+ T cell memory without help. Oncotarget. 2015;6(30):28529-28530.
14. Ferguson SD, Xiu J, Weathers SP, et al. GBM-associated mutations and altered protein expression are more common in young patients. Oncotarget. 2016.
15. Galloway TJ, Zhang QE, Nguyen-Tan PF, et al. Prognostic Value of p16 Status on the Development of a Complete Response in Involved Oropharynx Cancer Neck Nodes After Cisplatin-Based Chemoradiation: A Secondary Analysis of NRG Oncology RTOG 0129. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016.
16. Gutowski CJ, Basu-Mallick A, Abraham JA. Management of Bone Sarcoma. Surg Clin North Am. 2016;96(5):1077-1106.
17. Hall MJ, Obeid E, Daly MB. Multigene Panels to Evaluate Hereditary Cancer Risk: Reckless or Relevant? J Clin Oncol. 2016.
18. Hoier H, Carrell HL, Gluskert JPs, Spears CP. Structure of ethyl phenyl selenone. Acta Crystallographica Section C: Crystal Structure Communications. 2016;49(3):520-523.
19. Hoier H, Zacharias DE, Carrell HL, Gltjsker JPs. Structure of the molecular complex of anthracene with 1,8:4,5-naphthalenetetracarboxylic dianhydride. Acta Crystallographica Section C: Crystal Structure Communications. 2016;49(3):523-526.
20. Ji W, Arnst C, Tipton AR, et al. OTSSP167 Abrogates Mitotic Checkpoint through Inhibiting Multiple Mitotic Kinases. PLoS One. 2016;11(4):e0153518.
21. Ji Y, Thomas C, Tulin N, et al. Charon Mediates Immune Deficiency-Driven PARP-1-Dependent Immune Responses in Drosophila. J Immunol. 2016.
22. Layfield LJ, Roy-Chowdhuri S, Baloch Z, et al. Utilization of ancillary studies in the cytologic diagnosis of respiratory lesions: The papanicolaou society of cytopathology consensus recommendations for respiratory cytology. Diagn Cytopathol. 2016.
23. Leachman BK, Galloway TJ. The Role for Radiation Therapy in the Management of Sarcoma. Surg Clin North Am. 2016;96(5):1127-1139.
24. Li P, Lee E, Du F, et al. Nestin mediates hedgehog pathway tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2016.
25. Melikechi N, Markushin Y, Connolly DC, Lasue J, Ewusi-Annan E, Makrogiannis S. Age-specific discrimination of blood plasma samples of healthy and ovarian cancer prone mice using laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy. Spectrochimica Acta – Part B Atomic Spectroscopy. 2016;123:33-41.
26. Mitchell MA, Iannetta AA, Jennings MC, Fletcher MH, Wuest WM, Minbiole KP. Scaffold-Hopping of Multicationic Amphiphiles Yields Three New Classes of Antimicrobials. Chembiochem. 2015;16(16):2299-2303.
27. Mukherjee S, Zhou G, Michel C, Voelz VA. Insights into Peptoid Helix Folding Cooperativity from an Improved Backbone Potential. J Phys Chem B. 2015;119(50):15407-15417.
28. Nguyen MT, Weinberg DS. Biomarkers in Colorectal Cancer Screening. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2016;14(8):1033-1040.
29. Parker D, Kutikov A, Uzzo RG, Smaldone MC. Understanding Chronic Kidney Disease of Surgical Versus Medical Origin: The Missing Link to the Partial Versus Radical Nephrectomy Debate? Eur Urol. 2015;68(6):1004-1006.
30. Partridge AH, Hughes ME, Warner ET, et al. Subtype-Dependent Relationship Between Young Age at Diagnosis and Breast Cancer Survival. J Clin Oncol. 2016.
31. Plimack ER, Dunbrack RL, Brennan TA, et al. Defects in DNA Repair Genes Predict Response to Neoadjuvant Cisplatin-based Chemotherapy in Muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer. Eur Urol. 2015;68(6):959-967.
32. Porpiglia AS, Farma JM. Current Treatment of Sarcomas. Surg Clin North Am. 2016;96(5):xv-xvi.
33. Porpiglia AS, Reddy SS, Farma JM. Retroperitoneal Sarcomas. Surg Clin North Am. 2016;96(5):993-1001.
34. Provenzale D, Gupta S, Ahnen DJ, et al. Genetic/familial high-risk assessment: Colorectal version 1.2016: Clinical practice guidelines in oncology. JNCCN Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. 2016;14(8):1010-1030.
35. Rini BI, Dorff TB, Elson P, et al. Active surveillance in metastatic renal-cell carcinoma: a prospective, phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2016.
36. Ristau BT, Kutikov A. Editorial Comment. J Urol. 2016.
37. Samakai E, Hooper R, Martin KA, et al. Novel STIM1-dependent control of Ca2+ clearance regulates NFAT activity during T-cell activation. FASEB J. 2016.
38. Scott EC, Hari P, Sharma M, et al. Post-Transplant Outcomes in High-Risk Compared with Non-High-Risk Multiple Myeloma: A CIBMTR Analysis. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016.
39. Sheng JY, Movva S. Systemic Therapy for Advanced Soft Tissue Sarcoma. Surg Clin North Am. 2016;96(5):1141-1156.
40. Solanki NR, Stadanlick JE, Zhang Y, et al. Rpl22 Loss Selectively Impairs alphabeta T Cell Development by Dysregulating Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Signaling. J Immunol. 2016.
41. Vijayvergia N, Boland PM, Handorf E, et al. Molecular profiling of neuroendocrine malignancies to identify prognostic and therapeutic markers: a Fox Chase Cancer Center Pilot Study. Br J Cancer. 2016;115(5):564-570.
42. von Mehren M. Management of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors. Surg Clin North Am. 2016;96(5):1059-1075.
43. Wang D, Braiteh F, Lee JJ, et al. Lack of pharmacokinetic drug-drug interaction between ramucirumab and irinotecan in patients with advanced solid tumors. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2016.
44. Wang M, Pestov DG. Quantitative Northern Blot Analysis of Mammalian rRNA Processing. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1455:147-157.
45. Wiegers SE, Houser SR, Pearson HE, et al. A Metric-Based System for Evaluating the Productivity of Preclinical Faculty at an Academic Medical Center in the Era of Clinical and Translational Science. Clin Transl Sci. 2015;8(4):357-361.
46. Zou ZW, Ma C, Medoro L, et al. LncRNA ANRIL is up-regulated in nasopharyngeal carcinoma and promotes the cancer progression via increasing proliferation, reprograming cell glucose metabolism and inducing side-population stem-like cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2016.
1. Astsaturov I. The right and wrong of DOKing the nuclear receptor. EBioMedicine. 2016;8:7.
2. Bashir B, Schneider D, Naglak MC, Churilla TM, Adelsberger M. Evaluation of prediction strategy and care coordination for COPD readmissions. Hosp Pract (1995). 2016;44(3):123-128.
3. Beck TN, Korobeynikov VA, Kudinov AE, et al. Anti-Mullerian Hormone Signaling Regulates Epithelial Plasticity and Chemoresistance in Lung Cancer. Cell Rep. 2016;16(3):657-671.
4. Beglyarova N, Banina E, Zhou Y, et al. Screening of conditionally reprogrammed patient-derived carcinoma cells identifies ERCC3-MYC interactions as a target in pancreatic cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2016.
5. Ben-Ami E, Barysauskas CM, von Mehren M, et al. Long-term follow-up results of the multicenter phase II trial of regorafenib in patients with metastatic and/or unresectable GI stromal tumor after failure of standard tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy. Ann Oncol. 2016.
6. Bleicher RJ, Ruth K, Sigurdson ER, et al. Time to Surgery and Breast Cancer Survival in the United States. JAMA Oncol. 2016;2(3):330-339.
7. Cahn DB, Ristau BT, Uzzo RG, Smaldone MC. Editorial Comment. Urology. 2016.
8. Chow LQ, Smith DC, Tan AR, et al. Lack of pharmacokinetic drug-drug interaction between ramucirumab and paclitaxel in a phase II study of patients with advanced malignant solid tumors. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2016;78(2):433-441.
9. Collins BN, Nair US, Hovell MF, et al. Reducing Underserved Children’s Exposure to Tobacco Smoke: A Randomized Counseling Trial With Maternal Smokers. Am J Prev Med. 2015;49(4):534-544.
10. Enzinger PC, Burtness BA, Niedzwiecki D, et al. CALGB 80403 (Alliance)/E1206: A Randomized Phase II Study of Three Chemotherapy Regimens Plus Cetuximab in Metastatic Esophageal and Gastroesophageal Junction Cancers. J Clin Oncol. 2016;34(23):2736-2742.
11. Esselen KM, Cronin AM, Bixel K, et al. Use of CA-125 Tests and Computed Tomographic Scans for Surveillance in Ovarian Cancer. JAMA Oncol. 2016.
12. Ettinger DS, Wood DE, Akerley W, et al. NCCN Guidelines Insights: Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma, Version 3.2016. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2016;14(7):825-836.
13. Gerasimova NS, Studitsky VM. Hydroxyl radical footprinting of fluorescently labeled DNA. Moscow University Biological Sciences Bulletin. 2016;71(2):93-96.
14. Geynisman DM, Wong YN. Drug Supply Chain Security Act and Oral Anticancer Medications: Are We Shortchanging Our Patients? JAMA Oncol. 2016;2(3):295-296.
15. Heckman C, Darlow S, Cohen-Filipic J, Kloss J. Mood Changes After Indoor Tanning Among College Women: Associations with Psychiatric/Addictive Symptoms. Health Psychol Res. 2016;4(1):5453.
16. Igwe E, Woodburn J, Davolos J, et al. Patient perceptions and willingness to participate in clinical trials. Gynecol Oncol. 2016.
17. Ito T, Derweesh IH, Ginzburg S, et al. Perioperative outcomes following partial nephrectomy performed on patients remaining on antiplatelet therapy. J Urol. 2016.
18. Jenkins M, Patel S. Assessment of Risk Factors Associated with Nipple Reconstruction. Breast J. 2016;22(4):377-378.
19. Ji Y, Tulin AV. Poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation of hnRNP A1 protein controls translational repression in Drosophila. Mol Cell Biol. 2016.
20. Johnson SA, Zitserman D, Roegiers F. Numb regulates the balance between Notch recycling and late endosome targeting in Drosophila neural progenitor cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2016.
21. Katz MH, Shi Q, Ahmad SA, et al. Preoperative Modified FOLFIRINOX Treatment Followed by Capecitabine-Based Chemoradiation for Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Cancer: Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology Trial A021101. JAMA Surg. 2016:e161137.
22. Kishan AU, Shaikh T, Wang PC, et al. Clinical Outcomes for Patients with Gleason Score 9-10 Prostate Adenocarcinoma Treated With Radiotherapy or Radical Prostatectomy: A Multi-institutional Comparative Analysis. Eur Urol. 2016.
23. Kurimchak AM, Shelton C, Duncan KE, et al. Resistance to BET Bromodomain Inhibitors Is Mediated by Kinome Reprogramming in Ovarian Cancer. Cell Rep. 2016;16(5):1273-1286.
24. Lee HO, Wang L, Kuo YM, et al. Lack of global epigenetic methylation defects in CBS deficient mice. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2016.
25. Lukavsky R, Linkov G, Fundakowski C. A Novel Approach to Submandibular Gland Ptosis: Creation of a Platysma Muscle and Hyoid Bone Cradle. Arch Plast Surg. 2016;43(4):374-378.
26. Manne SL, Myers-Virtue S, Kissane D, et al. Group-Based Trajectory Modeling of Fear of Disease Recurrence Among Women Recently Diagnosed with Gynecological Cancers. Psychooncology. 2016.
27. Manne SL, Siegel SD, Heckman CJ, Kashy DA. A randomized clinical trial of a supportive versus a skill-based couple-focused group intervention for breast cancer patients. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 2016;84(8):668-681.
28. Mason WS, Gill US, Litwin S, et al. HBV DNA Integration and Clonal Hepatocyte Expansion in Chronic Hepatitis B Patients Considered Immune Tolerant. Gastroenterology. 2016.
29. McHugh M, Smaldone MC. Positive Surgical Margins Increase Risk of Recurrence after Partial Nephrectomy for High Risk Renal Tumors EDITORIAL COMMENTS. Journal of Urology. 2016;196(2):333-334.
30. McKee KS, Seplaki C, Fisher S, Groth SW, Fernandez ID. Cumulative Physiologic Dysfunction and Pregnancy: Characterization and Association with Birth Outcomes. Matern Child Health J. 2016.
31. Meng MB, Wang HH, Cui YL, et al. Necroptosis in tumorigenesis, activation of anti-tumor immunity, and cancer therapy. Oncotarget. 2016.
32. Moinpour CM, Unger JM, Ganz PA, et al. Seven-year follow-up for energy/vitality outcomes in early stage Hodgkin’s disease patients treated with subtotal lymphoid irradiation versus chemotherapy plus radiation: SWOG S9133 and its QOL companion study, S9208. J Cancer Surviv. 2016.
33. Murphy CT, Galloway TJ, Handorf EA, Egleston BL, Ridge JA. Looking Beyond the Numbers: Highlighting the Challenges of Population-Based Studies in Cancer Research Reply. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2016;34(19):2318-+.
34. Najjar M, Saleh D, Zelic M, et al. RIPK1 and RIPK3 Kinases Promote Cell-Death-Independent Inflammation by Toll-like Receptor 4. Immunity. 2016;45(1):46-59.
35. Narsinh KH, Van Buskirk M, Kennedy AS, et al. Hepatopulmonary Shunting: A Prognostic Indicator of Survival in Patients with Metastatic Colorectal Adenocarcinoma Treated with 90Y Radioembolization. Radiology. 2016:152100.
36. Nelson DB, Hanlon AL, Wu G, Liu C, Fredricks DN. First Trimester Levels of BV-Associated Bacteria and Risk of Miscarriage Among Women Early in Pregnancy. Matern Child Health J. 2015;19(12):2682-2687.
37. Nelson DM, Jaber-Hijazi F, Cole JJ, et al. Mapping H4K20me3 onto the chromatin landscape of senescent cells indicates a function in control of cell senescence and tumor suppression through preservation of genetic and epigenetic stability. Genome Biol. 2016;17(1):158.
38. Nogusa S, Slifker MJ, Ingram JP, Thapa RJ, Balachandran S. RIPK3 Is Largely Dispensable for RIG-I-Like Receptor- and Type I Interferon-Driven Transcriptional Responses to Influenza A Virus in Murine Fibroblasts. PLoS One. 2016;11(7):e0158774.
39. Paice JA, Portenoy R, Lacchetti C, et al. Management of Chronic Pain in Survivors of Adult Cancers: American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline. J Clin Oncol. 2016.
40. Pal SK, Agarwal N, Boorjian SA, et al. National Comprehensive Cancer Network Recommendations on Molecular Profiling of Advanced Bladder Cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2016.
41. Perales-Puchalt A, Svoronos N, Rutkowski MR, et al. FOLLICLE-STIMULATING HORMONE RECEPTOR IS EXPRESSED BY MOST OVARIAN CANCER SUBTYPES AND IS A SAFE AND EFFECTIVE IMMUNOTHERAPEUTIC TARGET. Clin Cancer Res. 2016.
42. Peshkin BN, Kelly S, Nusbaum RH, et al. Patient perceptions of telephone vs. In-person BRCA1/BRCA2 genetic counseling. Journal of Genetic Counseling. 2016;25(3):472-482.
43. Prudnikova TY, Chernoff J. The Group I Pak inhibitor Frax-1036 sensitizes 11q13-amplified ovarian cancer cells to the cytotoxic effects of Rottlerin. Small GTPases. 2016:1-6.
44. Rajesh, Gao Z, Vishnubhotla R, et al. Genetically Engineered Antibody Functionalized Platinum Nanoparticles Modified CVD-Graphene Nanohybrid Transistor for the Detection of Breast Cancer Biomarker, HER3. Advanced Materials Interfaces. 2016.
45. Rubin DJ, Handorf EA, Golden SH, Nelson DB, McDonnell ME, Zhao H. DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF A NOVEL TOOL TO PREDICT HOSPITAL READMISSION RISK AMONG PATIENTS WITH DIABETES. Endocr Pract. 2016.
46. Shu CA, Pike MC, Jotwani AR, et al. Uterine Cancer After Risk-Reducing Salpingo-oophorectomy Without Hysterectomy in Women With BRCA Mutations. JAMA Oncol. 2016.
47. Simon AJ, Lev A, Zhang Y, et al. Mutations in STN1 cause Coats plus syndrome and are associated with genomic and telomere defects. J Exp Med. 2016;213(8):1429-1440.
48. Su Y, Li J, Shi C, Hruban RH, Radice GL. N-cadherin functions as a growth suppressor in a model of K-ras-induced PanIN. Oncogene. 2016;35(25):3335-3341.
49. van Vulpen M, Wang L. Within the next five years, adaptive hypofractionation will become the most common form of radiotherapy. Med Phys. 2016;43(7):3941.
50. Vigorito E, Kuchenbaecker KB, Beesley J, et al. Fine-Scale Mapping at 9p22.2 Identifies Candidate Causal Variants That Modify Ovarian Cancer Risk in BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutation Carriers. PLoS One. 2016;11(7):e0158801.
51. Vijayvergia N, Li T, Wong YN, Hall MJ, Cohen SJ, Dotan E. Chemotherapy use and adoption of new agents is affected by age and comorbidities in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. Cancer. 2016.
52. Walker S, Wang C, Walradt T, et al. Identification of a gain-of-function STAT3 mutation (p.Y640F) in lymphocytic variant hypereosinophilic syndrome. Blood. 2016;127(7):948-951.
53. Wei S, LiVolsi VA, Montone KT, Morrissette JJ, Baloch ZW. Detection of Molecular Alterations in Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma Using Next-Generation Sequencing: an Institutional Experience. Endocr Pathol. 2016.
54. Yan H, Tammaro M, Liao S. Collision of trapped topoisomerase 2 with transcription and replication: Generation and repair of DNA double-strand breaks with 5ʹ adducts. Genes. 2016;7(7).
55. Zaorsky NG, Ricco AG, Churilla TM, Horwitz EM, Den RB. ASTRO APEx(R) and RO-ILS are applicable to medical malpractice in radiation oncology. Future Oncol. 2016.
56. Zeng C, Guo X, Long J, et al. Identification of independent association signals and putative functional variants for breast cancer risk through fine-scale mapping of the 12p11 locus. Breast Cancer Res. 2016;18(1):64.
57. Zhang S, Xiao Q, Sherman SE, et al. Glycodendrimersomes from Sequence-Defined Janus Glycodendrimers Reveal High Activity and Sensor Capacity for the Agglutination by Natural Variants of Human Lectins. J Am Chem Soc. 2015;137(41):13334-13344.
58. Zibelman M, Plimack ER. Systemic therapy for bladder cancer finally comes into a new age. Future Oncol. 2016.
59. Zook P, Pathak HB, Belinsky M, et al. Combination of Imatinib Mesylate and AKT Inhibitor Provides Synergistic Effects in Preclinical Study of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor. Clin Cancer Res. 2016.
60. Zucconi BE, Luef B, Xu W, et al. Modulation of p300/CBP Acetylation of Nucleosomes by Bromodomain Ligand I-CBP112. Biochemistry. 2016;55(27):3727-3734.
Abdulghani J, Gokare P, Gallant JN, et al. Sorafenib and quinacrine target anti-apoptotic protein Mcl-1: a poor prognostic marker in anaplastic thyroid cancer (ATC). Clin Cancer Res. 2016.
Alolod GP, Traino HM, Siminoff LA. Utility and Usability of the Rapid Assessment of Hospital Procurement Barriers in Donation (RAPiD) as a Tool for OPO Hospital Development Staff. Prog Transplant. 2016.
Barta SK, Li H, Hochster HS, et al. Randomized phase 3 study in low-grade lymphoma comparing maintenance anti-CD20 antibody with observation after induction therapy: A trial of the ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group (E1496). Cancer. 2016.
Bass SB, Gordon TF, Gordon R, Parvanta C. Using eye tracking and gaze pattern analysis to test a “dirty bomb” decision aid in a pilot RCT in urban adults with limited literacy. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2016;16(1):67.
Beitler JJ, Quon H, Jones CU, et al. ACR Appropriateness Criteria(R) Locoregional therapy for resectable oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomas. Head Neck. 2016.
Cahn DB, Ristau BT, Ghiraldi EM, et al. Bladder Preservation Therapy: A Review of the Literature and Future Directions. Urology. 2016.
Chambers SK, Foley E, Clutton S, et al. The role of mindfulness in distress and quality of life for men with advanced prostate cancer. Qual Life Res. 2016.
Chang EI, Bradley JP. Reply: Additional Insights Regarding Virtual Surgical Planning for Osteocutaneous Free Flap Mandible Reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016.
Chwistek M, Ewerth N. Opioids and Chronic Pain in Cancer Survivors: Evolving Practice for Palliative Care Clinics. J Palliat Med. 2016;19(3):254.
Denlinger CS, Ligibel JA, Are M, et al. NCCN Guidelines Insights: Survivorship, Version 1.2016. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2016;14(6):715-724.
Devarajan K, Cheung VC. A Quasi-Likelihood Approach to Nonnegative Matrix Factorization. Neural Comput. 2016:1-31.
Duivenvoorden WC, Daneshmand S, Canter D, et al. Incidence, characteristics, and implications of thromboembolic events in patients with muscle-invasive urothelial carcinoma of the bladder undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy. J Urol. 2016.
Forman ME, Jennings MC, Wuest WM, Minbiole KP. Building a Better Quaternary Ammonium Compound (QAC): Branched Tetracationic Antiseptic Amphiphiles. ChemMedChem. 2016.
Franco-Barraza J, Beacham DA, Amatangelo MD, Cukierman E. Preparation of Extracellular Matrices Produced by Cultured and Primary Fibroblasts. Curr Protoc Cell Biol. 2016;71:10 19 11-10 19 34.
Gaponova AV, Nikonova A, Deneka AY, et al. A novel HSP90 inhibitor-drug conjugate to SN38 is highly effective in small cell lung cancer (SCLC). Clin Cancer Res. 2016.
Gettinger S, Rizvi NA, Chow LQ, et al. Nivolumab Monotherapy for First-Line Treatment of Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2016.
Gor RA, Styskel BA, Li T, Canter DJ, Simhan J. Unexpected High Rates of Angiography and Angioembolization for Isolated Low Grade Renal Trauma: Results from a Large, Statewide, Trauma Database. Urology. 2016.
Jain R, Savage MJ, Forman AD, Mukherji R, Hall MJ. The Relevance of Hereditary Cancer Risks to Precision Oncology: What Should Providers Consider When Conducting Tumor Genomic Profiling? J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2016;14(6):795-806.
Katz MH, Shi Q, Ahmad SA, et al. Preoperative Modified FOLFIRINOX Treatment Followed by Capecitabine-Based Chemoradiation for Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Cancer: Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology Trial A021101. JAMA Surg. 2016:e161137.
Kent T, Mateos-Gomez PA, Sfeir A, Pomerantz RT. Polymerase theta is a robust terminal transferase that oscillates between three different mechanisms during end-joining. Elife. 2016;5.
Kuang J, Li L, Guo L, et al. RNF8 promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition of breast cancer cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2016;35(1):88.
Kudinov AE, Deneka A, Nikonova AS, et al. Musashi-2 (MSI2) supports TGF-beta signaling and inhibits claudins to promote non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113(25):6955-6960.
Lesokhin AM, Ansell SM, Armand P, et al. Nivolumab in Patients With Relapsed or Refractory Hematologic Malignancy: Preliminary Results of a Phase Ib Study. J Clin Oncol. 2016.
Lieberman D, Rex D, Kochman M, Tokar J. Diminutive Colon Polyps Reply. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2016;14(6):916-918.
Liu D, Plimack ER, Hoffman-Censits J, et al. Clinical Validation of Chemotherapy Response Biomarker ERCC2 in Muscle-Invasive Urothelial Bladder Carcinoma. JAMA Oncol. 2016.
Malouf GG, Su X, Zhang J, et al. DNA Methylation Signature Reveals Cell Ontogeny of Renal Cell Carcinomas. Clin Cancer Res. 2016.
Meeker CR, Geynisman DM, Egleston BL, et al. Relationships Among Financial Distress, Emotional Distress, and Overall Distress in Insured Patients With Cancer. J Oncol Pract. 2016.
Miller-Halegoua S, Bowen DJ, Diefenbach MA, Tercyak KP. Creating the future of translational behavioral medicine. Transl Behav Med. 2016;6(2):167-168.
Monteith JA, Mellert H, Sammons MA, et al. A rare DNA contact mutation in cancer confers p53 gain-of-function and tumor cell survival via TNFAIP8 induction. Mol Oncol. 2016.
Nicolas E, Golemis EA, Arora S. POLD1: Central mediator of DNA replication and repair, and implication in cancer and other pathologies. Gene. 2016;590(1):128-141.
Nogusa S, Thapa RJ, Dillon CP, et al. RIPK3 Activates Parallel Pathways of MLKL-Driven Necroptosis and FADD-Mediated Apoptosis to Protect against Influenza A Virus. Cell Host Microbe. 2016.
Ohar JA, Cheung M, Talarchek J, et al. Germline BAP1 Mutational Landscape of Asbestos-Exposed Malignant Mesothelioma Patients with Family History of Cancer. Cancer Res. 2016;76(2):206-215.
Patel B, Patel J, Cho JH, et al. Exosomes mediate the acquisition of the disease phenotypes by cells with normal genome in tuberous sclerosis complex. Oncogene. 2016;35(23):3027-3036.
Pilarski R, Daly M. The authors’ reply. JNCCN Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. 2016;14(5):1-li.
Renault AL, Lesueur F, Coulombe Y, et al. ABRAXAS (FAM175A) and breast cancer susceptibility: No evidence of association in the breast cancer family registry. PLoS ONE. 2016;11(6):3.
Rizvi NA, Hellmann MD, Brahmer JR, et al. Nivolumab in Combination With Platinum-Based Doublet Chemotherapy for First-Line Treatment of Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2016.
Ruggieri DG, Bass SB. African-American Parents’ Knowledge and Perceptions About BMI Measurements, School-Based BMI Screening Programs, and BMI Report Cards: Results from a Qualitative Investigation and Implications for School-to-Parent Communication. J Racial Ethn Health Disparities. 2016;3(2):320-330.
Sariyer IK, Sariyer R, Otte J, Gordon J. Pur-Alpha Induces JCV Gene Expression and Viral Replication by Suppressing SRSF1 in Glial Cells. PLoS One. 2016;11(6):e0156819.
Schiech L. Tonsillar cancer: What nurses need to know. Nursing. 2016;46(7):36-44.
Seiwert TY, Burtness B, Mehra R, et al. Safety and clinical activity of pembrolizumab for treatment of recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (KEYNOTE-012): an open-label, multicentre, phase 1b trial. Lancet Oncol. 2016.
Seki M, LaCanna R, Powers JC, et al. Class I Histone Deacetylase Inhibition for the Treatment of Sustained Atrial Fibrillation. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2016.
Simonelli M, Zucali P, Santoro A, et al. Phase I study of PF-03446962, a fully human monoclonal antibody against activin receptor-like kinase 1 in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Ann Oncol. 2016.
Sykes SM. The identity crisis of Hif-1alpha in HSC biology. Blood. 2016;127(23):2782-2784.
Terry MB, Goldberg M, Schechter S, et al. Comparison of Clinical, Maternal, and Self Pubertal Assessments: Implications for Health Studies. Pediatrics. 2016.
Wang EH, Yu JB, Abouassally R, et al. Disparities in Treatment of Patients with High-Risk Prostate Cancer: Results From A Population-Based Cohort. Urology. 2016.
Wang X, Li M, Gao Y, et al. Rheb1-mTORC1 maintains macrophage differentiation and phagocytosis in mice. Exp Cell Res. 2016;344(2):219-228.
Wang Y, Bernhardy AJ, Cruz C, et al. The BRCA1-Δ11q alternative splice isoform bypasses germline mutations and promotes therapeutic resistance to PARP inhibition and cisplatin. Cancer Research. 2016;76(9):2778-2790.
Wang Y, Cai KQ, Smith ER, et al. Follicle Depletion Provides A Permissive Environment for Ovarian Carcinogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2016.
Warner SG, Haddad D, Au J, et al. Oncolytic herpes simplex virus kills stem-like tumor-initiating colon cancer cells. Mol Ther Oncolytics. 2016;3:16013.
Xie L, Gu Y, Wen M, et al. Hydrogen sulfide induces keap1 S-sulfhydration and suppresses diabetes-accelerated atherosclerosis via Nrf2 activation. Diabetes. 2016.
Zaorsky NG, Egleston BL, Horwitz EM, et al. The Missing Pieces in Reporting of Randomized Controlled Trials of External Beam Radiation Therapy Dose Escalation for Prostate Cancer. Am J Clin Oncol. 2016.
Zaorsky NG, Shaikh T, Murphy CT, et al. Comparison of outcomes and toxicities among radiation therapy treatment options for prostate cancer. Cancer Treat Rev. 2016;48:50-60.
Zhang RX, Wong HL, Xue HY, Eoh JY, Wu XY. Nanomedicine of synergistic drug combinations for cancer therapy – Strategies and perspectives. J Control Release. 2016.
Zhao S, Teijaro C, Chen H, et al. Concise Syntheses of Bis-Strychnos Alkaloids (-)-Sungucine, (-)-Isosungucine, and (-)-Strychnogucine B from (-)-Strychnine. Chemistry. 2016.
Zibelman M, Ghatalia P, Geynisman DM, Plimack ER. Checkpoint inhibitors for renal cell carcinoma: current landscape and future directions. Immunotherapy. 2016;8(7):785-798.
Zong JC, Heaggans SY, Long SY, et al. Detection of quiescent infections with multiple elephant endotheliotropic herpesviruses (EEHVs), including EEHV2, EEHV3, EEHV6, and EEHV7, within lymphoid lung nodules or lung and spleen tissue samples from five asymptomatic adult African elephants. Journal of Virology. 2016;90(6):3028-3043.
“Acclaimed Fox Chase Geneticist Dies at 93.” Philadelphia Inquirer. 11 July 2016
“Alfred G. Knudson Jr., Geneticist who Decoded a Mystery of Cancer, Dies at 93.” Washington Post. 12 July 2016
“AACR Mourns Loss of Alfred G. Knudson, Jr.: Distinguished Cancer Researcher and Fellow of the AACR Academy. AACR. 12 July 2016.
AACR 2011 Interview
If you missed the Cancer Moonshot Summit, or want to watch it again, the Summit, in its entirety, is available online.